Monday, September 13, 2010

First State Community Bank - Black Knight Branch


I was approached, my sophomore year in high school, by the principle of Farmington High School with an idea he had. Dr. Waters said if he brought this idea to the school, he wanted to have someone skilled and ready to accept the challenge of running the first-ever student-run bank branch out of the high school. It was the summer before my senior year (in 2006) when this dream became reality and I began training to work and run the Black Knight Branch out of my high school. I was the Charter President with duties of opening/closing, holding board meetings, serving on a Focus Board for the main bank, attending Chamber of Commerce meetings, preparing financial statements and forecasting financials as well. Because I was in charge of the first year of operations, I was also in charge of the marketing, public relations and promotion of the Black Knight Branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment